Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blog Post #2 Chapter 3 Baby!!!

This chapter is mostly about the operating system and tools for educators. There are different types of software's that help people in specific areas. One is Tax Preparation Software. These like, Turbo Tax, help people to file their own taxes. Another type is Grade Book Software. This can be used school wide. It gives teachers a more organized way to take attendance, grade test, etc. The last one that I'm going to talk about is Presentation Graphics software. Most students are probably familiar with Power Point presentations. These are a form of Presentation graphics software.

I have acquired a few skills since my last post. Dealing with the new Microsoft Word, has proven to be a little bit complicated. I had to play with it for a while before I could understand it. I learned how to make a background on my page. I didn't even know that was possible with Word. Its kinda like hidden alley with many things that are undiscovered.

This week, I had the opportunity to go and observe a 4Th grade class. I was amazed at how much these kids used technology in their learning. The teacher had her own myspace page that she posted her assignments on every week. She also had times when she had live chat. if a student needed help with their homework, they could go online at those times and ask their teacher. I thought that this was a really great idea. Some students are not comfortable asking questions in front of classmates. This gives the silent kids a chance to get their questions answered.

OK....I better get to work on my Newsletter that I was supposed to do last week!
Whatever!I know I'm not the only one that does this stuff at the last minute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet - with the chatting with kids and using MySpace.

No.. even I do stuff last minute. Actually its just a constant stream of STUFF that occurs all week. Hang in there. Some chapters are ZzzzZZZZ.. but there are little nuggets of truth in each one. Whats funny is some of you will hate certain chapters and others will think they are great?!!