Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Chapter 4 Whoop-ti-doo!!

Here I am again ladies and gents, to bring you the joy of another blog about a chapter from my textbook. Chapter 4 covered many issues, but I want to tell you about input and output devices. What? Well input devices are anything that allows you to enter in data. Examples of input devices range from a general keyboard on a computer to an Ipod or even a cell phone. Output devices are any components of the computer that convey information to the user. Examples of this are the computer speakers and your printer.

Last class, I learned how to use a program called Inspiration, to create concept maps and flow charts of information. I created two charts. The first one that I created was a concept chart that was pretty darn stupid...in my opinion. It was about shopping, but it was all that I could think of at the time. The second was a flow chart. I used the Flow Chart setup to show how blood flows through the heart. I was kind of amazed at how easy this new program "Inspiration" was to use.

In closing, I am glad that I learned about Inspiration. I think it is a great easy, but effective method to use in the classroom. Some students are visual learners. When they see concepts or processes laid out in a chart form, it might help them to grasp the central idea being discussed. I will keep this information with me as I continue my career, because I'm sure that it will be useful.

1 comment:

jgentile said...

Shopping works. Remember your own lack of new ideas when you throw new assignments at your students in the future. You girls are all college hot shots... they will be way behind you and have even less ideas at times. :) Have mercy on them.