Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Chapter 1

Here is another Lindseyology post about my class. Today I read about an interesting perspective that teachers can take to get get their classes in the learning spirit. What I'm talking about is called the ARCS motivational model. This model has 4 main points to it: Attention, Relevance, challenge/confidence, and satisfaction/success. Attention points out the fact that a lot of kids get easily distracted. If you have a lesson that is interesting and keeps the kids attention, this makes them want to learn more. Also make your lessons relevant to what is going on in the world around the kids. It makes it easier for them to understand. Next, the students need o be challenged to achieve their goals. Once they have achieved their goals or completed their task, they have the confidence and satisfaction in themselves that they can do anything in the classroom.

Since my last post, I learned about Microsoft Word 2007. This s a really updated version for me. When I first looked at the layout of the 2007 version, to be honest...I was kinda worried. However, after playing around with it for a few minutes
i noticed that it is pretty much the same as what I had been using. Just a different layout. I just had to learn how to navigate the system. I really like the new version.

I want to close out tonight with a few thoughts. Although I have already taken a class that covers mostly the same things that this class does, we didn't do blogs. I think that this is a great idea...I just wish we didn't have to write so much. I mean, three paragraphs isn't really a lot, but for those of us that are procrastinators, its like a freaking book. Ha ha, it really isn't bad. I like this class so far.

P.S.
Since this class is nothing but girls... Heath Ledger...so saddddd!! :(

1 comment:

jgentile said...

Good post. How can we get more guys into teaching?? Its actually an issue these days! What is it about guys and teaching?