Monday, March 31, 2008

Chapter 8 Yippee!!

Chapter 8 talks about security issues, ethics, and emerging technologies in education. There are many security issues when it comes to the Internet and your computer. The main security issue for me is identity theft. Hackers can get into your computer and retrieve all of your personal information. You can use passwords to help prevent this from happening. You computer can also catch viruses that could potentially destroy your computer. You can get an antivirus program to get rid of these viruses. Computers have their own set of ethics. One of the ethic rules is copyright. Never copy any ones work that's copyrighted. It is illegal!

Well, its been a while since my last post. I have learned how to use the 2007 version of Microsoft power point. I really love all of the new additions. The layout of the 2007 version is extremely user friendly. I made two completely different power points and enjoyed working on both of them.

My future technological goal is basically, just to keep up with the ever changing technological world. As a PE coach, there are very little technological skills needed to do the job. However, you never know when you might need to make a presentation or communicate with you students and their parents in other ways, like email. Keeping up with technological advances will help me to keep my mind open.

No comments: