Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 covers mostly all aspects of searching the internet. From using search engines to media sharing. Search engines are probably the most commonly used things on the internet. Take Google for example; anyone who has very little experience with computers even knows how to use Google. The page is set up to where it is very user friendly. This chapter also informs the reader of how to use these search engines correctly. For example: which keywords to use when searching? Another thing that chapter 2 talked about was media sharing and websites like Facebook and Myspace. These are places where people go to chat, share pictures, play music, etc. Blogs were also discussed in this chapter.

What are Wikis? If you would've asked me that before last class, I would have been pretty dang clueless to tell you the truth. I really enjoyed learning about Wikis and I think that they are very useful in todays world. Posting things on the internet that other people can edit and work together on is a great idea! Forget meeting at the library to do a group project! It can all be done over the internet with no physical meetings. Who really likes group projects anyways? I dont! but at least this will make them more convenient.

Now, Im going to type my post on the class WIKI. Hopefully I'll do it right. Haha, I really enjoy learning new things. While Wikis arent particularly new, They are new to me. I'm sure that I will use Wikis in the future for something. I'm glad that I was introduced to Wikis.

No comments: